He wants to know why every judgment scene in the Bible is based on WORKS and not faith alone.
Schoneman says: Here's a question asked by someone in another setting that I'd like to post here. He wants to know why every judgment scene in the Bible is based on works and not faith alone.
• INHERIT THE KINGDOM PREPARED FOR YOU… I WAS HUNGRY AND YOU GAVE ME FOOD. "When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. Then the King will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'
• AS YOU DID IT FOR ONE OF THE LEAST OF THE BRETHREN. Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?' And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'
• INTO THE ETERNAL FIRE…I WAS HUNGRY AND YOU GAVE ME NO FOOD. Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?' Then he will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life" (Matthew 25:31-46).
• GOOD DEEDS TO THE RESSURECTION OF LIFE…WICKED DEEDS TO... CONDEMNATION. Do not be amazed at this, because the hour is coming in which all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and will come out, those who have done good deeds to the resurrection of life, but those who have done wicked deeds to the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28-29).
• THE DEAD WERE JUDGED ACCORDING TO THEIR DEEDS. I saw the dead, the great and the lowly, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. Then another scroll was opened, the book of life. The dead were judged according to their deeds, by what was written in the scrolls. The sea gave up its dead; then Death and Hades gave up their dead. All the dead were judged according to their deeds” (Revelation 20:12-13).
• I WILL GIVE TO EACH ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS. Behold, I am coming soon. I bring with me the recompense I will give to each according to his deeds (Revelation 22:12).
If Jesus actually taught "FAITH ALONE" apart from good deeds, then why did He say, "those who have done good deeds to the resurrection of life, but those who have done wicked deeds to the resurrection of condemnation" (John 5:28-29)? There are some traditions that teach "FAITH ALONE," but Jesus never taught it and neither did His Apostles.